As we continue our work on our Cook County Open Data project, we are exploring already existing tools for interacting with Cook County Government data. Josh Kalov created this directory of ones that may be useful. Over the next several months we will do tutorials and write more information about many of these. As we work to add more raw data and update existing data, it’s important to see and use the vastly helpful tools that the County has invested in to allow residents to learn more about property.
- Cook County Open Data Portal: Find open data released by Cook County
- CookViewer Map Application: Search by address or PIN number or browse the map to find property and other information
- Cook County Facilities Map: Locate Cook County facilities
- Cook County Property Tax Portal: Find property tax and assessment information in one place.
Cook County Clerk
- Vital Records: Order records online and find information on how to obtain licenses and certificates.
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Information: Find out if a property is within a TIF district, learn more about what TIFs are and access TIF Reports data.
- Delinquent Property Tax Search: See if a property has any sold, forfeited or open taxes.
- Cook County Board Meeting Documents: Find Approved ordinances and resolutions and other Cook County Board documents.
- Taxes FAQ
- District maps
- Tax Records Search: Find current tax records for a parcel
- Exemption History Search: Confirm exemptions for current and previous tax years.
- How-To’s and Tax bill information: Discover more about your tax bill and learn how to update information.
Recorder of Deeds
- 20/20 Documents Search: Search for recorded documents and order or download copies
- Property Fraud Alert: Learn more about property fraud and sign up for free Property Fraud Alerts.
- Forms: View and print forms from the Recorders office.
Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County
- Court Forms Search
- Court Case Search: Search for information and Case Snapshots.
- Android/iPhone App: Access schedules and Court Clerk information
- Self Help Center
Cook County Assessor’s Office