- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Chicago Health Atlas
- Illinois Open Technology Challenge
- Civic Innovation in Chicago
- Hosted Web Space
- Developer Resources
- Sustainable Broadband Adoption
- Smart Communities
- Public Computer Centers
- YOUMedia Expansion
- CHA Computer Center Expansion
- CCC Computer Center Expansion
- Digital Skills Initiative
- Connect Chicago
- CTC Connect
- Smart Health Centers
Earlier this week I visited Harold Washington College, 30 E. Lake, to check on progress for the new public computer center there that is being funded in part by the Broadband Technology Opportunities Public Computer Center grant that is being administered by Smart Chicago. There are already a number of computers available to the public at this location through this grant, and soon there will be a huge addition of public computers in the loop.
There are currently seven computers in the lobby of the building that are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are 14 computers on the second floor available to the public and there are stations near the elevators on floors 4, 7, and 10.
Harold Washington College staff are now making plans to make the large, 135-station computer lab available to the public as well. Currently only available to students, this lab will soon have open hours for the public. The room includes printing stations and lab aides who can help troubleshoot any issues.
Stay tuned for more information on these public resources!
- Using the new ClearPath API to help communities interact with the Chicago Police Department
- OpenGov Hack Night: Karen Weigert and the CleanWeb Challenge
- Join us for the National Day of Civic Hacking in Chicago
- Join the CUTGroup and Take Part in Test of a Travel-to-School Website
- Foodborne Chicago on WBEZ Chicago
- This Week’s OpenGov Hack Night: App Design Workshop with Knight Lab’s Miranda Mulligan
- The Chicago Police API, Safer Communities Hackathon, and Huge List of Chicago Crime Data Resources
- OpenGov Hack Night: Upcoming Events and Sustainable Data
- Behind the Scenes: Foodborne Chicago
- Big Data Week: Video Analytics in the Wild Panel Livestream