Smart Chicago is housed at The Chicago Community Trust. They serve as our fiscal agent and provide a host of financial, accounting, and administrative functions.
Here's a look at the ways we partner:
- Terry Mazany, President and CEO, The Chicago Community Trust is The Trust's representative on the Smart Chicago Advisory Committee
- The Trust is a the fiscal sponsor for all Smart Chicago funds, including all of those associated with the Smart Chicago Challenge
- We rely deeply on The Trust's Human Resources and Finance departments to get all of our consultants engaged and paid
- The Trust was essential in helping us administer millions of dollars in federal funds under the BTOP program. The Trust provides desk audits, compliance, contract review, IT support, and other functions.
- Smart Chicago works closely with the Trust's Program Department, looking for opportunities to work together, like the Digital Directory project that we are doing with Arts & Culture
- In addition to being a founder of Smart Chicago, The Chicago Community Trust is also an important funder. See a complete list of funded projects here