Smart Chicago is a civic organization devoted to improving lives in Chicago through technology. We work on increasing access to the Internet, improving skills for using the Internet, and developing meaningful products from data that measurably contribute to the quality of life of residents in our region and beyond.
We are a startup that was founded in part by our municipal government and nurtured by some of its most venerable institutions. Our founding partners are the City of Chicago, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and The Chicago Community Trust. As a funding collaborative, we help bring together municipal, philanthropic, and corporate investments in civic innovation.
- Issue Primer: Transportation
- Multiple Events for National Day of Civic Hacking in Chicago
- Issue Primer: Safety and Justice
- The Naru Project at Chi Hack Night
- Join Maptime Chicago & ADA 25 this Friday!
- Meet people where they are: new analysis on the top best practices in #civictech, according to the people who do the work
- Follow-up from On The Table 2015: Data Integrity for Small Businesses and Small Non-Profits
- Modeling Pension Reform at OpenGov Hack Night
- Results of the CDOT / Textizen Poll on Placemaking
- Summer Job Opportunity: Instructors for Youth-Led Tech Program in Five Chicago Communities