Smart Chicago is a civic organization devoted to improving lives in Chicago through technology. We work on increasing access to the Internet, improving skills for using the Internet, and developing meaningful products from data that measurably contribute to the quality of life of residents in our region and beyond.
We are a startup that was founded in part by our municipal government and nurtured by some of its most venerable institutions. Our founding partners are the City of Chicago, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and The Chicago Community Trust. As a funding collaborative, we help bring together municipal, philanthropic, and corporate investments in civic innovation.
- Cook County Residents: Join the CUTGroup!
- CitySDK Demo
- This week in Chicago Civic Tech Events: Cook County, Court Data and more
- National Day 2015 Round-up
- US Chief Data Officer DJ Patil’s remarks at Organize! Civic Tech Leadership Training
- On Open Data + Mass Joy at the Personal Democracy Forum
- Tech Tools for Civic Organizations
- U.S. Chief Data Scientist visiting Chicago for National Day of Civic Hacking
- Expunge.io Youth-Led Design Session
- Glossary of Civic Tech Terms