Civic Works is a program funded by the Knight Foundation and the Chicago Community Trust to spur support for civic innovation in Chicago. The program goals are to produce 200 content pieces, 5 apps that solve government problems, and 5 apps that solve community problems.
The project has five top-level goals:
- Work with government entities to make more public data available
- Create an online publication providing news and analysis on open government
- Help government agencies to use their own data to improve public services
- Engage non-profit organizations on efforts to find community solutions that are based on public data and data collected by their own organizations
- Identify technology solutions benefiting government performance and community solutions that can be sustained by the private markets
Complete list of Civic Works partners
The Illinois Open Technology Challenge to bring governments, developers, and communities together in a common mission to use public data and create digital ...
The Crime and Punishment in Chicago project provides an index of data sources regarding the criminal justice system in Chicago ...