Next week, Smart Chicago will be at the Code for America Summit in San Francisco. We’re big fans, friends, and funders of Code for America and we’re excited to take part in the summit. Here’s a cribsheet:
- I will be speaking on Wednesday about launching the Civic User Testing Group in a session about “Changing the Relationship: Government and Residents”
- Christopher Whitaker will be assisting with the Code for America Brigade Captain’s Summit on Monday
- Smart Chicago Advisory Committee member and Chicago Chief Technology Officer John Tolva will be delivering the closing remarks on Tuesday
- Brett Goldstein, editor of the open data anthology Beyond Transparency, will be delivering the keynote on day two (I wrote a chapter in there and so did Friend of Smart Chicago John Bracken).
- Tom Schenk Jr, Head of Analytics at the City of Chicago, will also be at the summit talking about Chicago’s data portal. Stay tuned here for more info on that!
Going to the Code for America Summit and want to hang out? Hit us up.